A New Place to Call Home
Don't let the banner photo fool you. It may look empty now, but plans are in the works to transform this area into a beautiful landscape complete with raised bed vegetable gardens, fruit trees and blueberries, as well as, flowers.
Thanks to the generosity of Linda Russell and Sarah Glynn of Oxford Hills Law, in South Paris, Maine, we have been given the opportunity to create a Gardeners Growing Healthy Communities landscape from scratch. Linda and Sarah have graciously offered us more than enough space to expand to meet our needs, access to water and electricity and a welcoming spirit.
We have accomplished so much already, but there is still a lot of work to be done.
- we formed a non-profit organization in the state of Maine and received a 501(c)-(3) charitable organization status from the IRS
- our gardener training program began in February, 2016 and we have 27 new volunteers to help with the garden this year
- we have written several grants and received donations from many community members and local businesses
- we need to develop a 1, 3 and 5 year plan
- we need to find similarly focused partners to expand our reach
Watch us grow! Over the next year, check back regularly to see our progress. Want to get involved? Please click on get involved button above.